Happy Friday and First Day of Summer Friends!
Of course in true Vancouver style, it rained today but I am looking forward to some sunshine, beaches, BBQs, camping, and flip-flops for the next 3 glorious months!
In previous summers, I’ve been known to spend more money then I do in winter and I think part of that has to do with me simply being outside more and feeling carefree. This summer, I have to remind myself to keep that delicate balance between feeling carefree and being careless with my finances.
J and I don’t have any summer getaways planned but I still intend to have a very fun but frugal summer 2013. Here are 5 things that I know I want to cross off my to-do list…
1) Act like a hipster and rent a cruiser bike to ride the seawall! If we like it, J and I are thinking of purchasing bikes this summer and I already know I want a cute pink cruiser with a straw basket!
2) Go camping in Tofino, B.C. with my siblings and their partners (when I say camping, I mean a campsite with showers, sinks, and flushing toilets because I’m kinda a city princess )
3) Hike 3 different trails around the Lower Mainland
4) Go back to visit my parents at least once this summer – preferably more, but with a sick cat it’s not realistic…
5) Go see some fireworks. I don’t know what it is about fireworks but I just love watching them!
OK enough about me Here are 5 posts that I enjoyed this week…
Michelle from Making Sense of Cents is no longer anonymous! I’m no longer anonymous – Blogging Anonymously or Publicly
Greg from Club Thrifty combines my two favorite topics: Games of Thrones + Personal Finance = EPIC! What the “Red Wedding” Can Teach Us About Money
Young Cat from Budget Blonde tells us How to Avoid the Quarter Life Crisis. Can someone pretty please tell GMD how to avoid the turning 30 crisis?
Pauline from Reach Financial Independence asks Spending on daily items, quality or price? I’m an advocate of buying the best things you can afford (generally speaking).
Jeremy from Modest Money writes How Guest Posting Helps Your Blog. I never use to be a fan because I’m a control freak but now I’m starting to see the benefits.
What are some fun and frugal things you have planned for summer 2013?