Happy Friday Friends! I subtitled this blog post Life is Good because well, life is good!
I revealed a few days ago that J and I put in an offer for a bigger and better condo than the we tried to buy before and our deal has been officially accepted. We got the condo for $11.5K less the listing price and I couldn’t be happier! (happy dance) Now for the boring legal paper work to begin again. If closing goes smoothly than we move into the new place August 15th!
This weekend, I am going away and spending the weekend with a girlfriend who I haven’t seen since my university years. Of course we have kept in touch through the years with Facebook and Skype but we haven’t actually hung out in person in at least 5 years! It should be a fun girlie weekend with lot’s of catching up to do.
Tonight J and I are having a fun date night with dinner and bowling and the best part is we are using coupons from an entertainment booklet where we will save at least $20! It’s funny because we are spending over $330K on a condo (damn Vancouver housing prices!) but J is so ecstatic about saving $20 with coupons for our date. Mr. Romance eh?
Here are my 5 favorite posts of the week…
1) Cait from Blonde on a Budget writes No More Lists: I’m Saying Yes to Everything. I love how Cait’s posts are always so thoughtful and uplifting. This one is no different and perfect for a Friday morning read.
2) John at Frugal Rules writes a post that hits close to home – Paying Off Debt While Dealing With Debt Fatigue. Debt fatigue is very real and something I deal with day-to-day…
3) Cat from Budget Blonde gives fantastic advice on Building A Blog Brand 101. My blog is still too new to be considered a “brand” but I like to think of my GMD avatar as a my badass student loan fighting superhero alter ego
4) Anna from Are Ya Gonna Eat That had the best 4th of July with a 4th of July Proposal! Congrats blogging bestie! xo
5) I don’t budget or have an Emergency Fund (GASP!) but if I wanted to dabble with a spreadsheet (shudder) I would use something like Tonya’s from Budget and the Beach.
What were some of your favorite pf reads this week? What about your plans for the weekend?