Here are some random things I enjoyed this week…
1) Mini-Golf – I haven’t played in years and I lost really badly but it was so much fun!
2) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – I’m a huge Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy nerd but I really didn’t like the hobbit Frodo so when I first heard of this prequel it didn’t spark my interest at all. I was convinced to go see the movie in 3D last weekend and I am so happy I did! If you enjoyed the Lord of the Rings films, you will enjoy this prequel with it’s familiar faces too.
3) Seeing a Canucks Game live – I LOVE going to see Canucks games live but unfortunately tickets are so expensive that I don’t go as often as I would like. Canucks tickets are notorious for being the most expensive in all the NHL. I was lucky this week that my employer gave me two free tickets to the game against Calgary Flames where we won 5-1!
4) Handmade Valentine’s Day Card - J is much more artistic than I am! He upstaged me by making me the cutest card while I just bought his from the store lol.
5) Red Velvet Cupcakes - Always good year-round, but extra goodness around Valentine’s Day
Awesome bloggers that showed Girl Meets Debt some social love this week:
-Grayson @ Debt Round Up – Weekly Personal Finance Blog RoundUp – The Great Giveaway Edition
- Sean @ One Smart Dollar – Why Investing in Real Estate Makes Sense for Young Professionals
- Michelle @ Making Sense of Cents – $2,420 in Extra Income, Life, Wedding Updates
- Laurie @ The Frugal Farmer – Encouraging Entrepeneurialism in Your Children
- Jeremy @ Modest Money – Top Canadian Finance Blogs 2013
- Manda @ Break the Sky - You Are What You Blog
- Morgaine @ Morgaine and Money- #Tag – Getting to Know the “Person” Behind the PF Blog
- Kathleen @ Frugal Portland – How to Get Out of Student Loan Debt
- Kasey @ Debt Perception – Cash-Back Credit Card
- Tonya @ Budget & the Beach – #Tag: Getting to Know the “Person” Behind the Personal Finance Blog
- Cassie @ Tales from the Trenches – #Tag: Getting to Know the “Person” Behind the Personal Finance Blog
Carnivals that mentioned Girl Meets Debt last week:
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie #68 – My University Money
Financial Carnival for Young Adults: Valentine Edition – femmefrugality
Carnival of Retirement – Making Sense of Cents
SavvyScot’s Lifestyle Carnival – The Savvy Scot
Festival of Frugality #371: True Confessions Edition – Dewey’s Treehouse
Carnival of Money Pros – February 10, 2013 – Drop that Debt
What were some random things you enjoyed this week?