As you can guess from the title of this post and my overly cute choice of smiling puppies picture, GMD is feeling happy today!
I’m a very fortunate Girl who doesn’t really have much to complain about except your typical everyday #firstworldproblems like the annoying pimple I saw on my chin when I woke up this morning or being surprised with Canucks hockey tickets at literally the last-minute so I can’t wear my awesome Ryan Kesler jersey to the game but as usual I digress…
Today I thought I would take a moment to talk about something that makes me happy everyday and that is this lil’ol’ blog of mine.
Girl Meets Debt makes me happy because…
- Today is my 10 month blog anniversary and I really didn’t think it would last even 10 days so I’m looking forward to many more 10 months!
- I still get excited every time I get a notification for a new comment to approve!
- I receive emails from regular readers telling me that they have paid off their debt and had to share the news with GMD! Congrats guys!
- I receive emails from readers who never comment but write me the sweetest email telling me that they are inspired by my debt repayment journey
- Making new “friends” daily
- I’ve met quite a few bloggers in real life and everyone is seriously just as nice as I imagined them to be
- I really feel like talking about my debt so openly albeit anonymously has helped others realized that debt is NOT “normal” and it is possible to take control of it
- I find it a fun challenge to talk about debt in a manner that isn’t so doom and gloom!
- I’ve learned so much about finances from being a part of this online PF community and I know I have only scratched the surface of knowledge waiting to be discovered!
- Despite my massive student loan debt waiting in the shadows to be repaid, for the first time in my life, I feel in control of my financial future
- I have a place to document my journey to a debt-free life from start to finish
- I’ve been nominated as a finalist for the Plutus Awards category for Best Debt-Focused Personal Finance Blog. I never even imagined it possible for me to be a finalist which is why I never made a “plea” for you all to vote in the first place but I sure am happy with this surprise! I know I won’t win but from the bottom of my heart – THANK YOU to all who voted for me!
This blog really has changed my life in so many positive ways and I know it wouldn’t be possible without the best readers in the world!
What’s making you happy today?