For all my new readers out there who may not know, a few months ago J and I put down an offer to buy our dream condo and two days before we were suppose to take possession, we find out the seller’s bank wouldn’t discharge her mortgage! Deals fall through all the time but ours was two months in the making so there’s no excuse to find out so late, literally two days before we were suppose to be handed keys, but indeed that was what happened to us. It was a buyer’s worst nightmare!!! You can read all about the story there.
We had already put in notice to move out of our current home and to add stress on an already extremely stressful situation, one of our cats was very sick at that time. We scrambled to find a place to move in within 24 hours and all you pet owners out there know how hard it is to find a decent apartment that will allow pets in the city. We managed to moved from one ugly rental apartment to a slightly less than ugly apartment and I was very depressed about the whole situation for weeks.
It was so hard not to be angry at that horrible, irresponsible woman for literally screwing us out of thousands of dollars and wasting our precious time that can never be recovered. There’s also no point is suing a broke person. She couldn’t even discharge her own mortgage so there was no way she was going to be able to pay us back the $3000+ in expenses we had wasted in the whole buying process (house inspection, notary fees, time off work, moving out of our apartment when we didn’t have to, etc.) Not to mention the possible hefty legal fees. Plus anger, resentment, and bitterness does no one good, so J and I decided to just put that whole disaster behind us and move on. Believe me, it was easier said than done.
We began to look at condos again but I didn’t want to blog about it because I didn’t want to jinx anything.
However, I can’t keep my big GMD mouth shut so I have some news to share!!!
J and I managed to find a gorgeous 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom 1100 sq ft condo in a very nice neighborhood with a gorgeous view of the river and mountains and yesterday they officially accepted our offer!!!
I never thought we would be able to find a condo I loved more than the first one but this one is just breathtaking! We really lucked out with this condo because it’s located in such a nice, family-friendly, established neighborhood while the other one was more “up and coming.” I guess the dreaded cliché of things happen for a reason might be true after all.
I’m almost too scared to be excited. What happens if this deal falls through for some ridiculous reason and we are left possibly homeless like last time? Will J and I finally be homeowners now?
But lightning doesn’t strike twice right???…..
Editor’s Note: Thank you friends for all your well wishes. With so many positive vibes coming our way, I’m sure the closing will go much smoother this time, although there wasn’t much we could do the first time since we had no prior knowledge of the seller’s desperate financial situation, but that’s all a thing of the past now. I will be sure to take a picture of the condo keys once we have it in our new homeowner’s hands!