In case you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t heard of the brand Lululemon Athletica, (better known as “lululemon” or “lulu”) they are a Vancouver-based clothing company who produces yoga-inspired athletic apparel.
Not just any yoga-inspired athletic apparel, lululemon is higher end, fashion forward, quality work out gear. To use a metaphor that my possible one or two male readers might understand, lulu is not a Honda, it is the BMW of yoga clothes!
What started out as a local Canadian success is now a world-wide sensation. Every female I know owns at least 2 pairs of lululemon yoga pants. Even the ones like myself who have never set foot in a yoga studio!
Now the hundred dollar question is, are they worth the steep $98 price tag…for yoga pants???
- Marketed as yoga pants but any Vancouver girl will tell you – you can wear these oh so comfy pants anywhere.
- Feels like you are wearing sweatpants but looks like you are wearing stylish hundred dollar pants.
- Lululemon designs and makes their clothes intended for 5 years of use. I bought my first pair 3 years ago and I still wear them all the time because the shape keeps well without stretching out too much and I firmly believe they will last another 2 years easy.
- These pants absorb sweat well, that is- if girls sweat, which we don’t.
- Lululemon pants will make any bum look good. That’s a promise!!!
- If it’s not washed properly, lululemon pants will pill (those pesky white fluffballs) like cray cray. Just follow the wash instructions carefully.
- The $98 price tag!!!
For me, the pros outweigh the cons and the fact that they can make any bum look good is worth the $98 price tag.
I’ve tried many cheaper alternatives in the past, but once you have tried the best, it’s hard to settle for anything less.
I would love to hear in the comments below your opinion on lululemon yoga pants and if you think they are worth the $98 price tag.
P.S. I hoped you liked this review and I plan on doing a series of these posts in the future on pricey products that are worth the splurge.
P.P.S. The pic above is the exact same pair of pink/black lulu groove pants that I just bought recently. Isn’t it pretty?